One Month Program for Upland Flusher / Retrieving Breeds - Recommended Age is 8 - 10 Months Old
- Clicker & collar conditioning to sit, here, heel and kennel
- Bird and gun introduction
- Develop retrieving and hold
- Exposure to high numbers of quality birds to develop bird sense quickly
- Establish range through positive reinforcement and collar condition
- Extending this training beyond one month would allow for work on a conditioned retrieve, sit to flush steadiness training, hand signals, increased marking abiliity and difficulty, blind retrieves and more experience
If you are looking for advanced training it is recommended to allow for at least 3 months of training. To maximize the training it is also wise to plan to spend time learning how to handle your dog. You can also prepare by watching our training videos.