Join the WC Team
Willow Creek seeks applicants who are passionate about the outdoors and caring for live animals. Caring for the health and well-being of our animals is the most important aspect of every position with Willow Creek and we require reliable, self-motivated individuals who understand that we give our dogs daily attention. Our employment is a partnership and anyone who works with us will need to ensure accountability to the desired outcomes. We are happy to provide skills training if needed.
UPCOMING JOB OPPORTUNITY
November 2021: We will be seeking to hire someone in the spring of 2022. This position will focus on dog training and will also have a future role in management of the kennel. Direct dog training experience is not necessary, we can provide skills training. The perfect person for this job would be someone who is passionate about the outdoors and bird hunting. This person would also be energetic and like working with people and dogs. Great communication skills (both written and verbal) are desired. You can send us your résumé at any time and to inquire further and let us know your story.
IMMEDIATE JOB OPENING
Do you like to care for dogs? Are you someone who likes to be active and outside? We'd love your help! Must be 16+ years old.
Work indoors/outdoors, cleaning kennels and caring for dogs/puppies.
Shifts are flexible. After school shifts available. Hours per pay period is also flexible.
Wages based on experience, competitive with vet tech type positions and growth is a possibility based on strengths.
This position will assist in caring for our breeding program dogs/puppies and customer training dogs. The Kennel Attendant maintains biosecurity of the environment through cleaning and disinfecting, may administer medications, and provides animals with ample food and water.
- Carry out biosecurity protocols for cleaning and disinfecting to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all animals
- Feeding and watering of animals
- May administer medications as appropriate
- May assist with socialization/training of puppies/dogs Qualifications
No degree required. Previous experience with animals preferred, but not necessary.
- Can work independently
- Strong ability to keep areas clean and tidy
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability and desire to learn about dog behavior
- Passion for outdoors and enjoys working with animals
- Work may require lifting and carrying 40lbs or more; walking and standing for extended periods of time